C. Bougie is an undergraduate English major with focuses in creative writing and asexuality studies. They have previously published poems and short stories in (A)gender: An Anthology, Polemical Zine, and A Velvet Giant, and have work upcoming in The Sigma Tau Delta Rectangle and The Bastard’s Review. They edit the lit mag Wilde Boy. Follow them on Twitter @cpbwrites.
“’The Manifestation of Romance in a Bottle’” has a fairy tale feel, underscoring the idea that happily ever after belongs to all genders and sexualities, and that it doesn’t need to hinge on sexual or romantic love, or marriage. It’s a sweet story, focusing on friendship, which is often overlooked in favor of sex and romance in fiction. Even better, the story features multiple friendships, and Bougie does an excellent job of infusing the story’s world with a sense of magic.”A.C. Wise
- “Jane” and “Paternal Fallacy” in The Fruit Tree, no. 1, December 2018.
- “War and Peace” and “Blush” in Polemical Zine, no. 6, December 2018.
- “Triptych: Then and Now (and Then and Now)” in Theta Wave, no. 1, December 2018.
- “An Ace Desire” in Neon Mariposa, no. 1, January 2019.
- “DIARY ENTRY: HEAVEN” in Brave Voices, no. 2, January 2019.
- “Ian” in Modern Sainthood Zine, no. 2, spring 2019.
- “<3,” “At the Cemetery,” and “W” in The Bastard’s Review, spring 2019.
- “Pieces” in The Sigma Tau Delta Rectangle, vol. 94, 2019.
- “An Asexuality Deferred: Langston Hughes as a Queer Figure” in an anthology by The Asexual journal, 2019.
- Rectangle Reading, Sigma Tau Delta International Convention, March 27, 2019.